保帮家电维修李师傅

心理热线

新客户展示位
更多广告请点击
中文黄页

有您的支持
我们会做得更好
几篇介绍了王永庆一个女儿王雪红的文章5 G2 ~* H7 m$ N3 E, P# @8 p
今天在雅虎财经看到的,是英文版,“为了工作连日夜班,鼓励下属加班”“不断压价” - 有贬低的意思。后来找到其他中文介绍,介绍更正面一些。2 m3 ?! B, C, R7 [* G
, a" G8 K0 t' r
With Smartphones, Cher Wang Made Her Own FortuneBy LAURA M. HOLSON8 L% V0 U3 w1 w: J2 u
No one is ever going to call Cher Wang “poor little rich girl.” ! q# X( w1 J  b) O  t  u1 _

- H* t2 O  W2 Y. oThe daughter of one of the richest men in the world, she never made headlines as a profligate jet setter sponging off her father’s wealth. . x! H; j; k' e3 O
Indeed, she rarely makes headlines at all, although she started her own multibillion-dollar company and made her own fortune.
- z+ ~3 _/ Z' U: sMs. Wang is one of the most powerful female executives in technology whom you have never heard of. The company she founded, the HTC Corporation, makes one out of every six smartphones sold in the United States, most of which are marketed under brands like Palm and Verizon. 0 d' ?6 L' o9 T- u/ |2 K
Last week the iPhone’s most likely rival, the T-Mobile G1, designed by HTC and powered by Google’s Android operating system, went on sale. The attention is something HTC has never sought. And the same can be said of Ms. Wang.
' K! t% U! A" `! Y7 k; Q9 E“I kind of like it that way,” she said in a rare interview last month as she tucked into a lunch of mahi mahi, spinach and mushrooms at the Faculty Club at the University of California, Berkeley, where she graduated in 1981. “I don’t need to be the center of attention.” 1 Z+ G- r( r" j+ o5 F" P) Q
In her native Taiwan, though, where she is called Wang Hsiueh-Hong, Ms. Wang and her family are a technology dynasty. Her recently deceased father, Wang Yung-Ching, founded the plastics and petrochemicals conglomerate Formosa Plastics Group. According to Forbes magazine, he was the second richest man in Taiwan. Two of his daughters serve on Formosa’s seven-member executive team. 6 v- K( C5 h& Z( t: C( P- d0 [6 @
Another daughter, Charlene Wang, helped found First International Computer in 1980, a maker of motherboards. And Cher Wang is chairwoman of not one, but two companies: HTC and VIA Technologies, a developer of silicon chip technology, where her husband, Wen Chi Chen, has been chief executive since 1992.
4 r# f/ S' h$ E  p' b3 j  zForbes estimates the couple’s wealth at $3.5 billion. HTC’s revenue in 2007 reached 118.6 billion Taiwanese dollars, or about $3.7 billion. But Ms. Wang said she was not defined by wealth — either her own or her parents’. ; m+ V1 j6 Q/ Z
“My family was very strict,” she said. Leisure time was spent playing tennis or basketball. And becoming a lady who lunches was not an option. “My father thought we should experience different things.” 2 z1 y: X6 E& X2 C$ J$ X9 o5 S
When she was a young girl, Ms. Wang said, her father would take her on monthly visits to a local hospital he helped finance. And at her father’s behest, Ms. Wang and her siblings studied abroad instead of staying in Taipei.
+ E, @. ~- I: z+ XThat is how she ended up in Silicon Valley. Ms. Wang was born in Taipei in 1958, one of seven children raised by her father’s second wife. (Altogether Mr. Wang had nine children by three wives.) While some of the other children went to private schools in London, the United States held more appeal for Ms. Wang.
/ b$ P2 e2 a& y3 DIn 1974 she attended the exclusive College Preparatory School in Oakland, Calif. (Her older sister Charlene was living in the Bay Area.) Ms. Wang lived with a local pediatrician and his family. After graduating from high school, she went to Berkeley, where she was admitted as a music major; she wanted to be a pianist. But after three weeks — and a stern talk with her adviser — she switched to economics, in which she later earned a master’s degree.
* }0 @9 x3 W. G3 P4 ^“This is the building I ran away from,” she said on a walk around campus, pointing to a second-story room at the music school where she had auditioned, playing a piece by Chopin. “I had the dream, but I am also very realistic.” " ^/ R" j) M/ Q+ Y
After graduating from Berkeley, she took a job in 1982 at First International Computer, where she sold motherboards and later oversaw the personal computer division. 5 L: ^" W5 _# }
When HTC was founded in 1997, the company made notebook computers. Her husband recalled that a few years after the company started, Ms. Wang and her partners were forced to make a choice: focus on notebooks or shift gears to hand-held devices, a market that showed signs of promise. Ms. Wang urged they shift to cellphones.
' D3 N8 x5 p$ |* r9 N“HTC had strong engineers developing notebooks,” said Mr. Chen. “But it was a volatile business with lots of competitors. She saw that clearly and pushed for the other instead.”
" J7 T& z% I' Q: J! I- zIt was a smart decision. HTC’s revenue tallied about $1 billion in the most recent quarter, a 29 percent increase from a year earlier. “She is very demanding in one sense,” said Mr. Chen. “If she wants something changed, she’ll speak up about it.”
密西沙加中文黄页

主题

帖子

精华

高级会员

积分
获赠鲜花
26 朵
个人财富
1707 金币
注册时间
2010-8-13
 楼主| 发表于 2011-4-16 09:59 | 显示全部楼层
友情提示: 请千万不要登入陌生网站输入QQ号和密码,以防诈骗。
联系我时,请说明是从哪儿看到的,谢谢。
本帖最后由 青蛙王子 于 2011-4-16 10:01 编辑
9 w6 T# u3 c9 A& D8 d
/ J: p8 P8 h1 F  I$ h6 f% u  IIn HTC’s early days Ms. Wang’s responsibility was to build relationships with customers, including wireless carriers, and vendors whose products HTC needed. She spent a lot of time in Silicon Valley. It was then she became close to executives at T-Mobile, which was critical in securing the right to make the first Android-supported phone., R3 R$ O: h' l8 z
She also managed HTC’s relationship with Microsoft, a longtime partner whose operating system is installed on most HTC phones. Once a year, Ms. Wang said, she flies to Seattle and meets with Bill Gates and Steven A. Ballmer, the company’s chief executive.
" a7 o- O* K0 I/ M+ V  p. j) w* H
She keeps her life simple. On her 50th birthday last month, she stayed home and ate strawberry ice cream cake with her family. Despite her status as a member of technology’s billionaire club, she eschews being ferried by private jet from her offices in Taipei to Silicon Valley. And instead of taking business associates out for a lavish dinner, she invites them to an early morning basketball game instead. + l# M1 v! V+ w

3 s; P& P% M& j0 uStephen Zelencik, a retired head of sales and marketing for Advanced Micro Devices, has known Ms. Wang since she was a young executive working for First International Computer. But in his encounters with her at HTC, he learned how relentless she could be. " |# \' {) P' ~0 O1 E/ c1 u3 T; P
" A/ k3 q( h% E3 B9 c* I. w9 S
He recalled a particular exhausting negotiation, lasting more than a week in Taipei, when Ms. Wang was holding out for a lower price on a large order of microprocessors HTC wanted to buy from A.M.D. $ q  h; B5 d8 T  z+ p
, a! G0 v- v  \: {. v1 F8 F
The two had loosely agreed on a price. But Ms. Wang, sensing an opportunity on the last day, told him she wanted a lower price, tapped her watch and pointed out his plane was leaving at 2 p.m. “She wanted me to relent,,” he said.
' ]* g+ @- l+ n8 v+ Z9 F$ A+ q- d" H1 x3 t2 r
Mr. Zelencik said he replied, “ ‘We don’t have to catch the plane.’ Then she said, ‘O.K. We’ll negotiate.’ ” Ultimately, the two agreed to keep the deal as is. “It was negotiated in her favor,” he said. “But she would always give it one more try.” + y2 @, M7 r' x# D& ^- C$ }

4 j; i" v( Q5 R- {4 A% yFaith plays an important part in her life. A Christian (like her husband), she said she belongs to no specific denomination but attends church whenever she can. Spirituality informs how she lives. “I feel everyone has their own faults,” she said. “We have to understand why people are like that — is it the environment or the background.” But it informs her work too. “Jesus also tells us you have to work hard, not be sluggish,” she said.
$ C8 `& b" G. e0 d! i" l& a  Q- h% }6 J, K
She shuttles mostly among three cities: she and her husband have a home in Mountain View, Calif. (where one of her two sons lives), a house in Taipei and an apartment in Beijing, which is used mostly for business. While Ms. Wang has stepped away from much of the day-to-day running of HTC, she is still active in the company by meeting clients and negotiating deals. And she remains an arbiter of HTC’s style, a role she relishes.
7 q2 P3 a0 T' S- }3 ^/ C% l7 a
  X  M5 A4 W4 K' j* m5 Y/ m“All these kids were into something,” said Mr. Zelencik. “They just didn’t sit around and spend the money.” 9 l9 Z  U4 h: B8 ^2 l6 G1 `* C

O4 B9 P. h* ^5 n1 U- c% ~3 ^) xAnd Ms. Wang would have it no other way. “I always have this imagination, something I want to use,” she said. “I don’t understand the idea of leisure time.”
+ e) N% Z2 _8 b- F) e) @6 }& [# e9 R  A% c
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/27/technology/companies/27wang.html?_r=2&pagewanted=2&partner=yahoofinance
密西沙加中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

高级会员

积分
获赠鲜花
26 朵
个人财富
1707 金币
注册时间
2010-8-13
 楼主| 发表于 2011-4-16 10:03 | 显示全部楼层
联系我时,请说明是从哪儿看到的,谢谢。
王雪红 王永庆的女儿,制晶片起家  i' h( X7 C9 D1 D. }8 i
http://www.zhgpl.com/crn-webapp/ ... jsp?docid=101582171
  U- `. H# ^4 X& C/ P0 h+ P* z! u$ Q& a+ z& o
王雪红 台湾女首富延续“经营之神”传奇. N: y, C% t' `5 K
http://news.mydrivers.com/1/143/143780.htm
. i1 ~6 E; n. S% V- N& M& J) [% W* R% H6 F1 x
台湾女首富王雪红 - N+ v1 T' w* }' s% {
BECOMING HER FATHER\'S DAUGHTER
- U6 h* y9 |4 Y9 bhttp://www.ftchinese.com/story/001028493/ce
密西沙加中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

版主

积分
获赠鲜花
4722 朵
个人财富
9138 金币
注册时间
2010-11-25
发表于 2011-4-16 10:39 | 显示全部楼层
联系我时,请说明是从哪儿看到的,谢谢。
王雪红继承了王永庆的精明强干,的确不简单,超强的女强人。
所谓幸福,是有一颗感恩的心,一个健康的身体,一份称心的工作,一位深爱你的人,还有一帮可信赖的朋友!
密西沙加中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

高级会员

积分
获赠鲜花
26 朵
个人财富
1707 金币
注册时间
2010-8-13
 楼主| 发表于 2011-5-6 22:28 | 显示全部楼层
联系我时,请说明是从哪儿看到的,谢谢。
王雪红继承了王永庆的精明强干,的确不简单,超强的女强人。
/ L" e4 K4 A* I' f& i4 z* N4 p" T依然 发表于 2011-4-16 10:39

4 @" X9 h; T! N: C
, B; u: n- q4 V8 w* U7 E' K7 G
1 ~9 ^+ `# G+ N) A" E7 M    是啊,很争气
密西沙加中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

版主

积分
获赠鲜花
4722 朵
个人财富
9138 金币
注册时间
2010-11-25
发表于 2011-5-6 22:48 | 显示全部楼层
联系我时,请说明是从哪儿看到的,谢谢。
是啊,很争气
4 y8 k( K" y( ]; o青蛙王子 发表于 2011-5-6 22:28

) [' O5 ^. n4 Z  H! k6 a4 \: @. v" B' S+ S; D; E4 Z
6 v2 o5 y6 O. P% j, u3 B" d
    虽说是不依靠父亲王永庆,但父亲在商界的影响力和人脉关系等诸多因素也应该是她能迅速成功的一种隐性超级资源,加之时机把握的好,及时在大陆投资创业,成功也是自然的了。

评分

参与人数 1个人财富 +5 收起 理由
青蛙王子 + 5

查看全部评分

所谓幸福,是有一颗感恩的心,一个健康的身体,一份称心的工作,一位深爱你的人,还有一帮可信赖的朋友!
密西沙加中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

高级会员

积分
获赠鲜花
26 朵
个人财富
1707 金币