保帮家电维修李师傅

心理热线

新客户展示位
更多广告请点击
中文黄页

有您的支持
我们会做得更好
Got a Ticket?A brief note about Traffic Enforcement in Peel Region
% G; k% @2 c% e' wAt the Peel Regional Police traffic enforcement is an operational priority. Based on the 2003 Environmental Scan results it seems most people would agree. Aggressive driving was ranked as the top concern of citizens when asked what they believed was the most serious community problem in this Region.5 h% w( p' S! _7 }/ N% t
+ ~# v; r5 g1 Z. k- e- s, Q
Every year for the last several years, over 30 people have died in motor vehicle collisions in the Region of Peel. There are twice as many deaths caused by motor vehicle collisions as there are deaths caused by violence. This does not take into account the high number of people injured on our roads every year.# D  S* O' s  H. b- f( Z

, v: t( ^0 k$ x7 y+ k* m! UReceiving a traffic ticket can be a somewhat unpleasant experience. Nobody likes to be told that they have done something wrong. Remember that the police officer is merely doing their job in enforcing the law and trying to keep our roads safe.
* y* y1 r- ^8 Y5 Y, B2 x( V7 G
: {2 ~! J7 V" Z: R; ]If you receive a ticket it will be one of two types as described below. Click on the images to learn more about the process to follow for either paying or fighting a ticket.8 s) R* k3 W/ \, S$ `
                                     An Offence Notice                                                                                                            

gotATicket.jpg                                              

- J  k+ o. L1 P

[td]

# x0 [3 U1 e/ L9 ~' N( w! {* \5 a9 g8 W/ A. |8 F# M

A Summons to Defendant                                                   

6 }& L  g+ I  o3 M) {
gotATicket2.jpg

- X3 x* I- F3 b  @, l, T, q  F, P( e9 e/ B6 h' e4 z" T

, C; W4 ^& L* k2 F, M7 N, V1 ?
) i# n" J% l, u5 J, w$ c$ F" l
2 @- s6 I1 @# _5 J6 X& j* NWhat should I do if I'm stopped by the Police?Here are some tips on what to do and what not to do:: ~2 i% {$ c: B* J2 w1 j3 ~+ w
  • Stay in your car for safety's sake. The officer will come to you.
  • Avoid being confrontational with the officer. Don't argue your case on the roadside. You can choose to have a trial in court if you want.
  • At night, turn on your interior light.
  • Turn down your radio so you can hear the Police Officer and they can hear you.
  • If requested, produce your drivers licence, ownership information and valid insurance card. Ontario law requires that you produce these items when requested to do so by a police officer.

% m4 D3 c  K( k9 f1 [8 m8 mWhy do Peel Regional Police issue traffic tickets?

Road safety is of paramount importance to the Peel Regional Police. This view is reflected by the citizens of Peel Region through opinion surveys conducted periodically by Peel Regional Police. In fact, aggressive driving (i.e., speeding, tailgating, failing to stop for red lights and stop signs, etc.) was ranked as one of the top concerns of citizens when asked what they believe are the most serious community problems in Peel Region.

' Z) S$ ^% _4 Z! |3 q2 V. E

The ultimate goal of traffic enforcement is to achieve voluntary compliance by all persons using the roads so as to reduce collisions and therefore injuries and or deaths. Over the last several years more than twice as many people died in vehicle collisions than died as a result of an act of violence. Working together, we can reduce these terrible statistics and make Peel Region a safer community.

- [1 h1 z2 F7 |- W( d9 [3 u4 @6 \
$ l, ]8 ]) B9 p
Offence Notice

You must choose one of the following three options within 15 days of receiving an Offence Notice. If you fail to exercise any of the three choices within the 15 day period, or if you do not appear for trial, you may be deemed as not disputing the charge and a Justice may enter a conviction in your absence.

6 R1 y3 k$ Q4 N& lOPTION 1 – Plea of Guilty
6 K1 l% Y! u/ G& g% N$ ZPayment out of court:
% g; f9 L0 H4 a( sI plead guilty and payment of the 'total payable' is enclosed.
9 X9 z4 v6 t5 Z: O# a2 SInstructions for payment can be found on the 'payment notice' section on the rear of the offence notice. If you received your ticket in the city of Mississauga you can pay it online through the Peel Police website here. Tickets received in the City of Brampton can also be paid online here.   

Note: You cannot make payment directly to a Police Officer or at a Police Station

; _! e8 m. ^5 ^3 k1 J( m8 t

OPTION 2 – Plead Guilty with an Explanation
: x- _- t1 w0 E# T+ |Attend the court office within the times and days shown. You must bring your Offence Notice with you.
) @: O& j9 i- `) Z; p- W

MississaugaBrampton
- R8 b. M* |1 B+ ~
Ontario Court of Justice, Provincial Offences Division,
8 j9 _8 h! g( f" U5 i1 i. S* }9 p0 ECity of Mississauga, Court House,
" R% b& N# J& q950 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Mississauga, Ontario6 C. l2 m  P! `; ]3 c
Monday to Thursday 9:00am – 12 noon & 2:00pm – 4:00pm
" |+ L4 }4 v7 s1 F1 H, `Telephone (905) 615-4500

Y1 E" x8 p% h5 ^9 OOntario Court of Justice, Provincial Offences Division,
% g+ J$ V5 b/ V& x% I) \2 @. r. NCity of Brampton, Court House,
# d- J* `! R! Q0 J/ g8 ]5 Ray Lawson Boulevard, Brampton, Ontario3 u  t3 ~5 J, ?% T2 f! {  r
Monday to Thursday 9:00am – 12 noon & 2:00pm – 4:00pm* @- h6 ~) M9 D+ }# T  a6 d- c: E
Telephone (905) 450-4770

' |8 Z$ c6 ~, c( q; C
" Y& p9 E- R4 w$ t" k9 i: mOPTION 3 – Trial Option – Do Not Mail
  • You or your Agent must attend the court office in person within the times and days shown on your copy of the Offence Notice to file a notice of intention to appear in court.
  • You or your Agent must bring your Offence Notice with you.
  • You cannot set a trial date by mail.
6 o3 o; T) P( w5 }3 I: V& R& X
2 ~5 S9 i+ ?: i1 r- Z

For your convenience and to save time, you may call the court office in advance for an appointment with the Prosecutor;

9 l6 H7 Z9 }$ Z+ }
Remember, you must choose one of the 3 options above within 15 days of receiving your Offence Notice; _3 V$ N/ M3 z7 y' n9 f
! O% g# N6 R& c3 w
Summons to Defendant
. H3 [8 T# R$ X7 Q" h9 v5 J
& [8 N* t; G* u, Q: q8 ?( cA summons to defendant is an official court document that requires a person to attend court. There is no fine that can be paid in lieu of attending court. You, or your Agent, or your Counsel, must appear on the date and time and at the place indicated on the face of the summons.* @: v9 W) N" o6 \1 f

3 \! P# y0 M, H+ g( P3 HIf you or your Agent or Counsel do not appear;
  • The court may issue a warrant for your arrest or;
  • The trial may proceed and the evidence may be taken in your absence.
9 H# g5 S5 S6 d/ I4 @/ H
' D* d, N2 r/ h4 I# l
If you, or your Agent, or your Counsel appear;
  • The trial may proceed or;
  • You or your Agent, or your Counsel, or the Prosecutor, may ask the court to adjourn your case to another date. The court may grant or refuse such a request.
密西沙加中文黄页

主题

帖子

精华

注册会员

积分
获赠鲜花
2 朵
个人财富
346 金币
注册时间
2010-12-5